Are you planning a Lake Geneva bachelorette party? Nestled in the heart of the Midwest 1.5 hours from Chicago, this picturesque destination offers stunning lake views, charming downtown streets, and an abundance of activities that will make your bride-to-be feel loved and celebrated.
From rejuvenating spa treatments and exhilarating outdoor adventures to mouth-watering dining options and luxurious accommodations, this guide has everything you need to make your bachelorette party weekend a blast! So pack your bags, gather your bridesmaids, and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
My family has been around the lake since the 1930s so I rounded up a list of the top activities that will ensure an amazing Lake Geneva bachelorette party!
Bachelorette Party Guide: Lake Geneva Edition
- Where to Stay: The Abbey Resort and Avani Spa
- What to Do:
- Spa Treatments and Relaxation (Avani Spa and Heatwave Hot Yoga Studio)
- Outdoor Adventures (Walk the famous Lake Shore Path, Go Ziplining, Gentle Horse back guided tour, Scooter Tour around the Lake)
- Boat Tours and Water Activities (Lake Geneva Boat tour with a full bar!)
- Unforgettable Nightlife (Visit a basement speakeasy complete with password in the historic Maxwell Mansion, then take a bar stroll downtown Lake Geneva ending with DJ/dancing the night away at Thumbs Up Lake Geneva or Hogs & Kisses)
- Where to Eat:
- Delicious Dining Options at 240 West (brunch buffet spot in your hotel), Pier 290 (my FAVORITE upmarket casual fare with craft cocktails right on the lake), Oakfire (buzzy restaurant right downtown Lake Geneva with wood fire pizza and cocktails), Magpies Den and Pen (Sunday bottomless mimosa brunch), Baker House for afternoon champagne tea or Sunday bottomless mimosa brunch, or Wine tasting and boards at Barrique Wine Bistro.
- Full weekend itinerary included!
This post is all about the perfect guide for a Lake Geneva Bachelorette Party.
Itinerary for the Best Lake Geneva Bachelorette Weekend Friday-Sunday
While Lake Geneva has so many activities going on year round, I recommend planning your bachelorette party during the warmer summer months. There is really nothing better than getting out on the lake or walking the beautiful lake shore path when the weather is sunny and warm! I would plan anytime mid May through end of September.
- Check into the Abbey Hotel
- Walk 3 blocks to Gordy’s Boathouse for Dinner (May-Sept)
- Drinks next door to Gordy’s at local institution Chucks or take a 15 minute uber to downtown Lake Geneva and hit up Thumbs Up for the Dj that starts at 9pm!
- Breakfast at the Abbey Restaurant 240 West (delicious breakfast buffet that usually has live music and overlooks the lake).
- Spa morning with the ladies at onsite Avani Spa OR Hot Yoga Class at Heatwave Hot Yoga 15 minutes away in Williams Bay
- Avani Spa: The spa pool, salt room and steam room are amazing on their own and if there is space you can purchase a day pass for $35.00. Be sure to check in advance because this is ONLY if there is availability. Otherwise you need to purchase a spa service to gain access. I recommend booking services in advance to ensure you get a spot.
- Hot Yoga: There are all levels and the staff is extremely welcoming. It’s a great way to start the day and check out my full guide to know what to expect here.
- Lunch at Oakfire for wood fire pizzas and craft cocktails (try their Hibiscus margarita and they have gluten free options!). Catch an uber 15 minutes to downtown Lake Geneva. Like many restaurants downtown, they do not take reservations so a wait is possible.
- Lake Geneva Guided Boat Tour with cash bar: Head to the Riviera building for your boat tour. Walk into the building on the first floor then head all the way to the back by the lake. There are so many options for boat tours! Click here to read my short breakdown of all the boat tours and decide which to book. Make sure you purchase tickets in advance!
- Head to the Abbey Resort to relax and get ready before dinner/dancing!
- Dinner: You can eat something casual at the 2nd hotel restaurant the Waterfront or get a little fancier and take an uber 15 minute to the Grandview restaurant.
- This is on the south shore of the lake, has sweeping lakeviews and delicious cocktails to start the night.
- Bar Hop & Dancing in Downtown Lake Geneva: A must visit is the basement Speakeasy at the Maxwell Mansion. A password is required and can be found on their facebook page. Then head to main street and have a drink at any of the many bars before going to Thumbs Up or Hoggs and Kisses at 9pm when they DJ starts!
- Check out of hotel
- Brunch at Pier 290 (15 minute uber ride)
- Pier 290 is located right on the lakeshore path that winds all the way around the lake through the front yards of all of the manions. After lunch it is great way to take in a few more lakeviews and it’s flat along that portion so more of a walk than hike. Check out my guide to the Lake Shore path here!
- Make reservations for brunch this place gets packed since it is right on the lake!
- Head home to recover!
For more ideas:
Click here for my full guide to all of the amazing amenities at the Abbey Resort and Spa!
Check out my Top 20 Lake Geneva Attractions which includes the horseback riding tour, scooter tour, zipline adventure, hot air balloon ride and more!
No matter what kind of nightlife experience you’re after, Lake Geneva has it all. So gather up your girls and get ready for a night you won’t forget. Just make sure to pace yourself – there’s still plenty of fun to be had in this charming town.
This post was all about the perfect guide for a Lake Geneva Bachelorette Party.